6 Reasons Why XL Deploy is the Best - A Customer's View
One of our customers was kind enough to share with us why they chose XL Deploy for Deployment Automation, rather than a well-known enterprise vendor who offered big discounts for their product. They described how XL Deploy has a number of crucial features that enterprises need in order to deploy software at scale:
- Version and dependency management. Advanced dependency management is a key requirement for this customer’s teams. When trying to deploy a microservice, the tool needs to tell you which other services and which other versions must also be deployed.
- Ability to control things through the Command Line Interface (CLI). These users like to control things at a very low level, and for them it’s all about automation. So having everything accessible through the CLI is a big win.
- Ability to model everything. Another critical feature is the ability to model everything, from the infrastructure and environment, to the application itself and all the configuration data that goes with it. [caption id="attachment_13335" align="aligncenter" width="610"] With XL Deploy's model-based approach changes are simple to make and propagate to all environments.[/caption]
- Agentless architecture. XL Deploy's agentless architecture is a huge benefit to this customer as they do not like deploying agents to their 200 nodes!
- Satellite module. The XL Deploy satellite module provides a reliable, scalable way to deploy to data centers all over the world.
- Visibility into what's deployed where. Finally, the team finds it crucial to have clear visibility into what’s deployed where. No more guessing about whether or not something has been deployed, whether it’s in the right place and whether the right things have been deployed along with it.