This post is from the XebiaLabs blog and has not been updated since the original publish date.
Ease Your Adoption Of DevOps
XebiaLabs' Amit Mohleji gave a 7-minute lightning talk "Ease Your Adoption Of DevOps" at an Achieving Enterprise Agility & Cloud Adoption Strategies meetup in Phoenix yesterday. XebiaLabs was partnering with CollabNet during this event, bringing together experts to discuss some of DevOps hottest topics. Here are some tips from Amit's talk: What you should be doing before you adopt to any DevOps tooling?
- Using collaboration friendly SCM
- Ensure everything is under version control including ops and DB work, even documentation
- Create self contained testable environments for Dev teams (vagrant/docker)
- Configuration management managed out of code
- Standardize your build tooling/middleware/technology across Org.
- Automate testing activities as much possible
- Increase technical/social interactions across teams