Forecast Release Risk: Introducing the XebiaLabs DevOps Prediction Engine
Organizations across the globe are adopting Continuous Delivery practices with the goal of delivering new software faster; but delivering that software reliably remains a challenge. It’s hard for DevOps teams to predict factors that will delay releases or, worse, cause them to fail—and teams are often surprised by failures after release processes have already started, leaving them scrambling to roll back changes and resolve errors.
Spotting risks and better predicting the outcomes of releases is critical for optimizing those releases and averting failures. That's why XebiaLabs is introducing the first predictive risk solution for DevOps that warns teams of delays and risks in the software delivery process. Using a new DevOps Prediction Engine, the XebiaLabs DevOps Platform’s Risk Prediction Module combines machine learning with a proprietary algorithm to give teams a “weather forecast” for their releases before those releases even start to run.
Shine a Light on Release Problems Before They Happen
The XebiaLabs DevOps Prediction Engine highlights potential bottlenecks before release processes start, so Release Managers, Developers, and DevOps Engineers can take preventative action, adjust timelines, and keep the business in the loop. Powerful predictive risk analysis enables DevOps teams to answer questions such as:
- What are the chances this release will fail, and what can we do about it?
- Is this release likely to be delayed, and by how long?
- How likely is a team member to skip specific release tasks, and why?
- What caused releases like this one to fail or be delayed in the past?
Predictive Risk Analysis Prevents a Release Disaster
The XebiaLabs DevOps Platform already provides customizable risk scoring––a capability that identifies warning signs during a release process to indicate whether or not it is on track. Now, we've added the Risk Forecast Module, a machine learning-based DevOps Prediction Engine that enables users to take advantage of the following capabilities:
- Risk alerts that warn the team when a release is likely to be delayed or to fail, before the release pipeline starts running, so they can take preventative action
- A comprehensive Risk Forecast view that summarizes predicted delays and failures for every task in the release process, so teams can drill down into the specific parts of the process that are likely to cause issues
- An overview of statistics for similar releases, so teams can see historical analysis at a glance and identify trends in both release and task failure, across all tools in their release pipeline
- Release forensics that uncover flaky automated tests, problematic build setups, long-running deployments, and time-consuming manual tasks, so teams can identify their biggest pain points and make the changes that will have the most impact on their ability to deliver software quickly and reliably
“The XebiaLabs DevOps Platform has long included advanced features for enabling organizations to reduce the potential for risk failure,” said Andreas Prins, Vice President of Product Strategy for XebiaLabs. “The XebiaLabs Predictive DevOps Engine is another huge step forward towards increasing IT teams’ ability to move away from reactive management of their releases, to a proactive approach that preempts failure and optimizes their pipelines for success.” Try the XebiaLabs DevOps Platform for free to see how your team can easily get on the path to:
- Faster, more reliable releases
- Increased visibility across the entire software delivery pipeline
- Increased confidence in release behavior
- Proactive problem-solving practices––fixing release issues sooner and faster
Give your technical and business teams intelligence, automation, and control. Start your free 30 day trial of the XebiaLabs DevOps Platform today!
- Take Control of Your Release Processes with Customizable Risk Intelligence
- What is DevOps Intelligence? Turn data from your software delivery process into actionable insight
- 8 Mistakes You Can Avoid Using DevOps Intelligence