This post is from the XebiaLabs blog and has not been updated since the original publish date.
Improved XL Deploy Plugin for TFS 2015 and VSTS
The new and improved XL Deploy Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) plugin provides automated deployment functionality through an XL Deploy build task for Microsoft TFS 2015 and Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) - also known as Visual Studio Online.XL Deploy works with Continuous Integration tools to give you “one-stop-shop” deployment, so you can scale without scripting.
- Deploy complex releases at scale, more quickly and with fewer errors
- Standardize on a deployment tool for all your target platforms
- Gain visibility into deployment status of all your applications and environments
- Create a deployment package (DAR file)
- Import a deployment package into XL Deploy
- Upload a deployment package to TFS / VSTS
- Version a deployment package
- Deploy an imported package to a specified environment
- Before you start to use the XL Deploy Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2015 plugin, you need to upload the XL Deploy build task to your Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) server or on-premises Team Foundation Server.
- In Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2015 and Visual Studio Team Services, endpoints are managed in a common place. You need to create a generic endpoint for XL Deploy so that you do not have to redefine those values in every build definition that uses XL Deploy build tasks, making maintenance and credentials management easier.