This post is from the Apperian blog and has not been updated since the original publish date.
Mobility News Briefing - Jan 15
It's hard to keep up with every news story, interesting article, and blog post. Catch us every Friday for a roundup of the stories we think you want to know about each week. Subscribe to make sure you don't miss an update!
Can't Stop. Won't Stop.
Haven't we been hearing about the rise and importance of mobility in the enterprise for years? Well, we won't stop hearing about it soon, and here's this week's stories with updated research and stats for 2016.
Barclay Ballard, contributor at ITProPortal, cites a recent study that reveals that mobility will be the top IT investment in 2016. Why? Because...
- Employees want the freedom to when and where best suits them
- Reliable connectivity is important for customer satisfaction. Customers totally judge you if you aren't easily contacted -- mobile can help with that.
- Collaboration for distributed teams is easier with mobile devices and don't forget cloud-based software.
Just make sure your infrastructure is reliable and secure before mobile devices start accessing corporate data.
Darryl Taft writes in eWeek that progress in HTML5, other Web platform standards, and the latest mobile OS is expanding the tools for enterprise software development.
- Hybrid Web-style apps can add native-like responsiveness and interfaces
- Keep an eye on Java, Node.js, and Swift moving forward
- Swift is now more popular than Objective-C
Do your customers prefer mobile apps to mobile Web? Keep than in mind as you make mobile investments. Maybe even consider unified software development platforms for mobile, Web, and desktop applications.