Turbulence-free Cloud Migrations with Amazon Web Services and XebiaLabs
With so much cloud activity today, it can be hard to see the sun. XebiaLabs is committed to ensuring fair weather for our customers, so cloud launches go smoothly and fast. We want to make sure that companies can rely on a highly efficient, compliant, and secure enterprise DevOps process as they move applications to the cloud. So we’ve been working hard to expand our (already substantial) support for Amazon Web Services in order to simplify and accelerate migration to the cloud, especially for our customers who are shifting loads en masse.TL;DR – New integrations of the XebiaLabs DevOps Platform with AWS Service Catalog, along with support for AWS Fargate, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS), and other AWS services, make it extra fast and easy for teams to move workloads from traditional data centers to AWS cloud resources.
As You Move to the Cloud, Watch Out for StormsPilot projects are a lot simpler than enterprise-wide initiatives. Once teams “go enterprise,” they have a whole load of other challenges to consider, from governance to organizational to technical challenges. They struggle with:
- Lack of repeatable and reusable processes that work across cloud and traditional applications
- Lack of cloud expertise available in different teams
- Failed releases and a lack of visibility across the entire code-to-production release process
- Neglected security, governance, and compliance requirements that leave them unacceptably vulnerable, at risk of steep fines and loss of customer trust
Benefit from Our Recognized AWS ExpertiseAs part of the close collaboration, XebiaLabs also recently achieved AWS DevOps Competency status and is recognized as an Advanced Technology Partner in the APN. Our solution leveraging AWS helps our global enterprise customers quickly take advantage of cloud resources as a simple addition to their DevOps processes. Building on the power of AWS, XebiaLabs provides enterprises with the technology and process they need to accelerate cloud migration at any scale.
NEW WHITE PAPER
Clear Skies with XebiaLabs and AWS ServicesDesigned for Enterprise DevOps needs, the XebiaLabs DevOps Platform delivers release orchestration, analytics, and deployment automation capabilities that are optimized for cloud. It provides the ideal DevOps framework for managing application releases across different technologies and hybrid infrastructures in a uniform way. With XebiaLabs, developers enjoy a clear flight for their applications, with no rain or turbulence in sight: they get a smooth path to follow as they switch from traditional environments to the cloud, without needing special cloud expertise or changes in their end-to-end release process. In working with AWS, XebiaLabs is rolling out a series of new integrations and features that will simplify and accelerate the way companies migrate applications to the cloud:
- AWS Service Catalog and XebiaLabs: Curated Cloud Resources Integrated into the DevOps Pipeline: XebiaLabs’ new integration with AWS Service Catalog provides enterprises with access to approved and curated cloud resources with unmatched simplicity, speed, and control. It seamlessly connects AWS services to the rest of the enterprise DevOps pipeline and allows for a structured software release process that includes governance, compliance, and security requirements. The combination was designed to allow DevOps and cloud teams to create centrally managed DevOps pipelines along with portfolios of approved AWS services. These services are provided through AWS Service Catalog, which allows cloud administrators to pre-configure the setup, control access, and provide teams across the organization with instant access to the AWS resources they need.
- Extensive Support for AWS and Cloud Resources: XebiaLabs continues to enhance its extensive support for a large number of AWS services, including Amazon EC2, Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), AWS Lambda, AWS Fargate, Amazon ECS, Amazon EKS, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), AWS CloudFormation, Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS), AWS Elastic Load Balancing (AWS ELB), Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), AWS CodePipeline, and Amazon API Gateway.
- Simplified Cloud Adoption for Developers with DevOps As Code and Best-practice Blueprints: The XebiaLabs DevOps Platform is designed to streamline work for all users involved in releasing software, from developers to Ops to business users. In addition to its powerful and simple GUI, XebiaLabs allows developers to manage releases, deploy applications, and provision cloud resources directly from YAML files that they can store in source control alongside their application code. New best-practice blueprints for AWS include deploying a microservices-based container application to Amazon EKS, a monolithic container application to Amazon ECS, and a big-data data lake solution.