An introduction to XL Deploy and Siebel
Like pretty much all companies out there today, organizations using Siebel are facing increasing business demands to deliver CRM functionality and content faster and faster. Siebel, however, may not be the most agile application or platform running in your environment today. This can make it a bottleneck for innovation and prevents you from meeting the demands of the business and, potentially, your customers.
Organizations using Siebel are facing challenges with
- High operational costs caused by long release weekends involving many specialist resources
- Unplanned downtime and error prone deployments to Siebel caused by lengthy, complicated deployment manuals containing many manual steps
- Very complex and time-consuming troubleshooting of production incidents due to lack of insight into which configuration is running where in your Siebel landscape
- Inability to meet business and customer demands in a timely manner as the number of production releases to Siebel is limited due to the high risk of failure
The solution: XL Deploy for Siebel CRMXL Deploy is the market-leading deployment automation tool. With XL Deploy, you can easily create environment-independent deployment packages containing your Siebel content and configuration and ensure the same Siebel configuration is deployed from Development to Production in a reliable, predictable, fully automated way. XL Deploy for Siebel CRM can:
- Deploy any package exported using Siebel ADM
- Deploy any component/configuration setting that can be created using the Siebel COM API, such as data validation maps, symbolic URLs and positions
- Handle Siebel Repository files (imprep/ddlsync)
- Invoke Siebel methods such as activating workflows
- Allow you to easily manage elements of your Siebel Enterprise installation, such as (web-)servers and gateways, through XL Deploy’s simple web-based UI.