Become a Release Superhero with XebiaLabs
Research shows that teams that adopt DevOps practices such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery deliver software to users faster; according to the DORA 2018 State of DevOps report, elite performers have a 2555 times faster lead time from commit to deployment than low performers.
But speed is only one aspect of improved software delivery. There’s another supervillain to worry about: unreliable, unpredictable releases. It’s hard for DevOps teams to predict release delays and failures, especially for complex release processes with cross-tool and cross-team dependencies. And teams often have to fight failures that happen after the release process has already started, leaving them struggling to roll back changes and fix errors as deadlines loom.
XebiaLabs’ Risk Prediction module and customizable Risk Intelligence combine forces to alert DevOps teams of potential delays and failures before the release pipeline starts running and as it runs—no matter whether the work in the pipeline is manual, automated, or a mix of both.
The Risk Prediction module is powered by XebiaLabs’ DevOps Prediction Engine, which uses machine learning to provide teams with a “weather forecast” for their releases. And the Risk Intelligence feature assesses risk indicators such as flags, due dates, and retries to assign each release a risk score that is continually updated as tasks in the release are completed, are skipped, or fail.
Together, Risk Intelligence and Risk Prediction give your team release superpowers:
- Clairvoyance: Proactive, at-a-glance risk alerts warn you when a release is likely to be delayed or likely to fail, before it starts running and as it runs
- Precognition: The risk forecast shows predicted delays and failures for every task in a release, so you know which tasks are potentially going to be a problem
- Super-human intelligence: Statistics for similar releases provide smart historical analysis across all releases, regardless of team, application, microservice, target environment, or technology
- Telepathy: Release forensics allow you to review exactly what happened in past releases so you can identify your biggest, most expensive pain points
Check Out the Video
- Predictive Power: Are You Sitting on a Pile of DevOps Gold?
- Is Your DevOps Ready for the Cloud? What You Need to Know
- Sign up for a free trial of the XebiaLabs DevOps Platform