This post is from the XebiaLabs blog and has not been updated since the original publish date.
XL Deploy - Preferred Application Release Automation Tooling
Here is a recent post by the leading french online travel agency, Karavel, in a Devops Linkedin Group discussion about Preferred Application Release Automation Tooling."I am working with XebiaLabs XL Deploy solution for our automated deployment process.
- It is widely used by both dev team for deployment on integration and QA and ops team for deployment on pre-prod and production.
- You can script or use ihm to perform action.
- XL Deploy allows us to automate database, batchs and applications deployment in a reproductible way for each environment. The deployment process is now quite painless for everyone. Thanks to it, we have improved the quality of the delivery process and the productivity of each team.
- You have a report/log of each action performed by the tool during the deployment process.
- You can rollback batch and application deployment easily.
- You have also a fine security control for every item handled by XL Deploy and it provides LDAP integration.
- XL Deploy provides you some charts & reports concerning who, what, when, where usage.
- We have quite easily integrated it with Jenkins and maven in our continuous deployment process on QA."