This post is from the XebiaLabs blog and has not been updated since the original publish date.
Reliable, Automated Deployment at Scale: DevOps at KLP
Kommunal Landspensjonskasse (KLP) is Norway’s largest insurance company, delivering safe and competitive financial and insurance services to the public sector, enterprises associated with the public sector and their employees.KLP’s completely manual deployment processes demanded a significant amount of time to manage software deployments across geographically dispersed teams. With over 160 enterprise applications and an average of 1,600 deployments per month, deploying, un-deploying and releasing new versions was both difficult and time consuming. KLP knew they needed to streamline their process. After evaluating XL Deploy, KLP chose XebiaLabs because it met their requirements for an easy-to-use tool with drag-and-drop features, a scalable architecture, and simple integration with their environment. KLP now delivers on average 1,600 deployments per month for over 160 applications across 19 environments using XL Deploy. Deployments now take between 15-30 minutes--an average time savings of 1.25 hours per deployment.
- No more developer time spent on deployments
- Over an 80% improvement in production deployment speed
- Immediate realization of ROI as a result of moving from manual to automated deployments
- Increase in job satisfaction for Operations team members, who no longer work off-hours
- Fast and easy maintenance, deployment and un-deployment of new software
- No more deployment bottlenecks
- Significantly reduced deployment-related errors
- Deployment success rate of more than 90%, with any failures due to human error