Our proprietary protection capabilities shield apps from reverse engineering, tampering, API exploits and other attacks that can put your business, your customers and your bottom line at risk.
By 2022, at least 50% of successful attacks against clickjacking and mobile apps could have been prevented using in-app protection
Gartner Market Guide for In-App Protection
Protecting appsfrom the inside out
- Obfuscates source code, inserts honeypots, and implements other deceptive code patterns to deter and confuse threat actors.
- Triggers defensive measures automatically if suspicious activity is detected, including app shutdown, user sandbox, or code self-repair.
- Injects essential app code protections and threat detection sensors into CI/CD cycle after code development, without disrupting the DevOps process.
- Encrypts static or dynamic keys and data embedded or contained within app code.
- Protects sensitive data at rest within an app or in transit between the app and server.
- Supports all major cryptographic algorithms and modes with FIPS 140-2 certification.
- Notifies organizations of app reputation, real-time attacks, and provides the ability to suspend accounts or step up transaction or access authentication.
- Insights help optimize and adapt protection based on attack insights and trends including how, when, where, and by whom the app is targeted.
- Delivers threat data feeds end-to-end, making threat data accessible via a browser or easy integration with existing SIEM, BI, and fraud prevention platforms.
- Reverse engineering, debugging, and code tampering
- Encryption key discovery, and API manipulation
- Financial fraud or credential, data, and IP theft
- Malware insertion, spoofing, and data exfiltration
- Cheating or piracy of games, apps, or digital content
Arxan Application Protectionsolutions
Arxan application securityenterprise solution
Comprehensive and designed to deliver real, sustained value.
Multi-layered app protection
Adaptive app and data protection prevents tampering, IP theft, and reverse engineering — Learn More
Advanced threat team
Industry-recognized security thought-leaders with more than 50 years of experience — Learn More
Visibility and intelligence
Real-time analytics and predictive intelligence against potential threats — Learn More
Enterprise customer success
Comprehensive suite of services, tailored to each enterprise’s singular needs — Learn More
The importance ofapp security
Any application not properly protected – whether for mobile, desktop, or web – is at risk of being exploited by bad actors. Unprotected app vulnerabilities are impacting organizations across industries and around the world. Arxan commissioned research by Aite Group to assess just how widespread app vulnerabilities are.
It took an average of only 8.5 minutes to crack the apps analyzed in the study, underlying the importance of protecting applications. The following was observed – all of which can be prevented or drastically minimized with proper app security measures in place.
Exposure of personal user data4>
(names, email addresses, phone numbers, home addresses) due to improper data storage techniques [observed in 83% of apps tested].
Vulnerability to insertion of malicious code4>
(client-side injection) which can lead to skimming of user credentials or payment info; or to stealing of copyrighted content or other sensitive intellectual property [observed in 43% of apps tested].
Insecure in-app storage4>
(hard-coding) of API keys and private certificates, which means once the app is cracked open, attackers have the ability to decrypt data such as financial transactions [observed in 27% of apps tested].
Inadvertent data leakage4>
due to sharing services with other apps on a device [observed in 90% of apps tested].
which can provide bad actors with full access to see or modify sensitive user data while in transit and lead to data exposure, key leakage, broken authentication and spoofing attacks [observed in 80% of apps tested].
Execution of processes as the root user account4>
which translates to attackers potentially gaining access to disable services, read restricted data, copy of all transactions, and more [observed in 40% of apps tested].
Application hardening is a process of taking a finished application and making it more difficult to reverse engineer and tamper.
App Code Obfuscation
Code obfuscation is transforming a software program into code that’s difficult to disassemble and understand, but has the same functionality as the app.
Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP)
Arxan's application and mobile app protection solutions go beyond Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP) by providing layered and adaptive app protection.
White-box cryptography uses encryption, obfuscation, and mathematical transformations to secure keys and critical data inside the applications running.